The Colorado State University Women’s Association exists to inspire involvement in Scholarship, Community Service and Education.
- The CSUWA is a Colorado State University affiliated organization and is entitled to privileges commensurate with that status.
- It is an educational, service and social organization that provides scholarship opportunities to CSU students and offers support and assistance to projects which benefit the university and/or the community.
- In 1910, the first Women’s Association of Colorado State College was formed. In 1927, Carrie R. Lory, wife of the college president, formally organized a group of university women. Mrs. Lory was most interested in forming a group for the purpose of providing financial assistance to students. For many years she served as Chairwoman of the Loan Fund and was instrumental in engaging friends at the college and members of the Fort Collins community to contribute.
- The gavel of the association is literally a piece of our history. On January 29, 1965, CSU President William E. Morgan presented a gavel to the CSUWA. The gavel was made from the Colorado Christmas Tree sent to Washington, D.C. for use in the White House during the term of John F. Kennedy. The tree was later returned to Colorado and our gavel became one of its by-products.
- Contributions of over $500,000 since 1979 in scholarships from CSUWA to CSU students needing financial aid
- Annual recognition event honoring scholarship recipients
- 23 scholarships
- Tax deductible contributions to CSU Foundation for CSUWA scholarships encouraged
- Encourage potential donors to form endowed scholarships
- Support for CSU Bonfils Blood Bank drive
- Monthly general meeting
- Small interest groups
- Social events – membership tea, holiday reception, spring program
- communications: newsletter/web site